canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

Is it hard to hardwire in a smoke detector? Does an

Hi, is it hard to hardwire in a smoke detector? Does an electrician have to do it or can someone with basic electrical knowledge? Also, what is the typical cost for the labour to hard wire in a smoke detector? Thanks.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

Are there existing smoke detectors that are being replaced or are there none existing? Is this a new construction or remodel situation or is this the only thing you are getting done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not new flat. There are not any other hard wired smoke alarms in the flat.

It is not very difficult at all if you have some basic wiring knowledge. They would wire very much like basic electrical outlets. I am not sure about how much it would cost to have it professionally done as this could range quite drastically depending on region.

You would basically run a wire from your electrical panel to the first detector then a wire from there to the next detector and a wire from that detector to the next until all are linked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks very much.

You are very welcome