JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

We have a Dimplex DUO400n storage heater. It's started

Hello Michael,We have a Dimplex DUO400n storage heater. It's started making a loud buzzing noise that is driving us crazy. Any idea what it might be.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The heater was installed November 2012

Good morning, the buzzing is likely the charging module showing signs its starting to fail or come lose.

This is a high energy appliance so would strongly suggest getting an electrical engineer out rather than trying to strip it down yourself, it may just be a case of re-securing the PCB, but you will likely find the appliance will stop working all together in 6 months or so. A new module can be sourced here for around £100.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.