JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.

I have a Drayton LP522 with a Drayton basic dial thermostat.

I have a Drayton LP522 with a Drayton basic dial thermostat. I have purchased a Salus RXR505 with accompanying RT305TX wireless thermostat. If I disconnect the old dial thermostat and connect this wireless one, will it work? Many thanks!

Yes, you just need to make sure you map the wiring correctly, refer to the wiring diagram in each, and take a picture of the wiring of the old back plate before fitting the new one.

Secondly switch off power to the boiler to prevent a short/electric shock.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great thank you for the piece of mind. I'll ensure I turn the power off to the entire house to be on the safe side :)

No problem, it may take me some time to reply back due to the weekend but will keep an eye out for any follow on messages.

Appreciate if you can rate the service revived using the star rating on this page.