Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

I'd like to ask how to calculate the required kVA load for a

Customer Question

I'd like to ask how to calculate the required kVA load for a property? More specifically after diversity maximum demand in kVA?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What type of circuits do you plan to fit, and are there any non standard devices such as 16A sockets, water heaters, underfloor heating?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's not a type of circuit that I want to fit, and it's irrelevant to my question. My question is how do you calculate a property required kVA load. This is information required by National grid prior to installation of new supply to the house. The house has not been re-wired yet. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

You calculate the KvA based on the appliances and circuits you plan to install, for instance how many light fittings, how many cookers, electric showers, storage heaters etc

The calculations are dependent on the type of circuits, as say you fit 5 X 32amp circuits it maybe be your not needing to state you need 160 if it's for plug sockets, but if it were storage heaters

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I havent heard back from you please let me know if you need anything further?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was asking about the formula to calculate the kva considering things like the power factor, not how to calculate the total demand after diversity in amp for the property. this is straightforward.
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

So are you having multiple phases being delivered, and is the property in question an industrial unit?