JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Im replacing my 32amp cooker switch with a 32amp cooker

Im replacing my 32amp cooker switch with a 32amp cooker switch and 13amp socket is it safe to change connection in breaker box from th 32amp breaker to the 45amp breaker

Hi Ian, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just need advice at this stage

The short answer is it depends on the cable run between consumer unit and socket\cooker, and the size of the cable.

Is the cable 10mm or 6mm, if its 10mm and less than 15m cable run it should be ok to upsize if its 6mm then the cable cant take the load.

Another factor is are you actually needing 32A for the cooker/hob, most sit around 20A so you could fit the socket without increasing the MCB (breaker) all together. But that rather depends on the rating on the cooker.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks excellent information now I know what to check before I change switch

No problem please rate the service using the star rating on this page.