emianplumbing
emianplumbing, Plumber
Experience:  I work with building projects on a daily basis
63187465

Smelt burning from my electric shower, opened up to find

Customer Question

Smelt burning from my electric shower, opened up to find this. Do I have the replace the entire unit or is there a cheaper, quicker fix that is safe?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  emianplumbing replied 3 months ago.

I am wondering why? Is the connection block screw tight? is there any reason you can see why it should have happened?

If you can cut the wire back enough, there is no reason you can't put a new connection block in the same place.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'t see any reason why it was heating up and thus melted the plastic, I'll try stripping it back and hope theres enough left to reconnect
obviously get the right size block or it will melt again. Normally if it was a shower fault it would cut out or pop the breaker
I would think the wire has come loose and started arcing