How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Developer
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 2271
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
JamesI is online now

I have had my central heating installed approx. 3 years ago

Customer Question

I have had my central heating installed approx. 3 years ago by
my neighbour who is a plumber ?.
I am now looking to build a down stairs toilet but on my outside wall I have to copper pipes going up on the wall and 1 goes in to the gas meter box of which I think could be illegal for him to connect and also could be dangerous
Could do with your views on this and also he should have gave me a certificate of insulation but told my wife he had put his address on it by mistake as he put his heating in a few months before
Is he duty bound to give me a certificate.
Would like your views on this before I take this forward
Thank you
A P Saunders.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 20 days ago.
Hi running gas pipes on the external wall meet Gas Safe / building regs as long as they are clipped every metre.
A gas saftey cert is required for a bouler to be comissioned and if you paid for install of a boiler he is duty bound to provide you the cert.
Please let me know if you need anyhing further
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.
Ive not heard anything do you need anything further
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?