JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have had my central heating installed approx. 3 years ago

Customer Question

I have had my central heating installed approx. 3 years ago by
my neighbour who is a plumber ?.
I am now looking to build a down stairs toilet but on my outside wall I have to copper pipes going up on the wall and 1 goes in to the gas meter box of which I think could be illegal for him to connect and also could be dangerous
Could do with your views on this and also he should have gave me a certificate of insulation but told my wife he had put his address on it by mistake as he put his heating in a few months before
Is he duty bound to give me a certificate.
Would like your views on this before I take this forward
A P Saunders.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.
Hi running gas pipes on the external wall meet Gas Safe / building regs as long as they are clipped every metre.
A gas saftey cert is required for a bouler to be comissioned and if you paid for install of a boiler he is duty bound to provide you the cert.
Please let me know if you need anyhing further
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.
Ive not heard anything do you need anything further
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?