JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Ive got a plasma cutter with built in air compressor its a

hi ive got a plasma cutter with built in air compressor its a plasma 40 220 vault i need to use it to do some mobile work,what size generator would i need please
Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: i dont have a generator i need to no what size i would need to run my plasma cutter
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i also use it for cutting up ;arge items of scrap metal so its a working venture that i cant get of the ground
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any joy with my answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve paid £5 for this and it’s been nearly 6 hours and no reply not happy at all
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need an answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.]

The Plasma 40 would normally suggest its a 40A appliance which is around 9KW.

However most generators rated at 40A \ 9KW is the max load, so you need to allow a further 20% head room so not to have the generator working at max load for prolonged periods, so would opt for 50A or 11KW.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help

No problem please rate the response using the star rating on this page.

In order for me to close the question please click the star rating on this page.

James

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.