canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

I installed hunter fan & light today in my kitchen, I have

I installed hunter fan & light today in my kitchen, I have two switches by doorways. when done the switches control the fan, I need for them to control light. what do I need to do?
only a light there before

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

What wires were in the light box? Was there a red and black wire?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

What did you hook those up to? There was a black wire and blue wire on the fan/light, right?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
blue to red and black to black

So currently you have switch one operating the light and switch two operating the fan and you want to reverse that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no. both switches control fan have to use pull chain for light. I want switches to control light and use chain for fan.

You don't want one switch to operate the fan and the other to operate the light?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no

You have a voltage tester? So you will have one switch operate the light and the other switch will operate nothing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
both switches have always controled light, one switch is at exterior door and the other is where you enter kit. from hall. there was no fan on this location before. can I just switch the blue & black wires to get what I want?

Oh! I see now. I was thinking the switches were next to each other. Yes, just switch the wires and that will get you there. Sorry for the long trip getting here....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for the help

You are very welcome