md20/20
md20/20,
13574879

Got a problem with my dishwasher which I can't find an

Got a problem with my dishwasher which I can't find an answer to by googling. Basically I need to know if I should try and repair it or buy a new one
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Currys CID60W12
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If poss
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The door wouldn't shut properly but is was still washing. I've fixed the door issue but now it's showing error P2 and P3 so it's draining all the time, even thou there's no water in it. It's something to do with the overflow alarm.

You are exactly right about the unit going into an overflow condition. The drain pump will continuously run to prevent the dishwasher from flooding your house if there is really a leak. What that means is that water has worked its way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45-degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fantastic. I thought it was something like water in the overflow sensor or something so have been trying to dry it out. It'll take me a while to get it sorted but at least i don't need a new one.

No problem. If for some reason you fix the issue and the problem were to come back, then you may need someone to come out and see where it's leaking from because it wasn't just a fluke from suds or a drain on your sink being partially clogged, you actually have a leak below the dishwasher going into the base pan.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've sorted it, hoorah! It took a while as I had to take the kick boards off and the intergrated door, which wasn't that easy - as usual. Running it through on the rinse program now. The sound of the dishwasher working is music to my ears!!! Many thanks Gill