JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My F1145 has recently stopped providing adequate heat. Water

My F1145 has recently stopped providing adequate heat. Water to UFH is about 30’. Pump is working and water circulating but doesn’t heat system sufficiently.
Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Room thermostats are about 20’ and all are requesting heat. Not been a problem until recently. Haven’t checked filters. Do you mean F1145 or are there separate UFH filters? Hot water is fine for shower etc. Maybe a little cooler than usual.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Would like to if not complicated.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Tank thermostat was only just pushed into tank lagging. Pushed it well in and this may have been at the same time as temperature drop. Took it out completely to see if that had any effect and temperature shot up and caused alarm. Reset alarm and thermostat switch behind cover but still inadequate temperature. Also moved outside thermostat onto north wall as recommended by NIBE service engineer.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

The issue is that the unit will need to be flushed and the burners cleaned. That will get all functioning like it should.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Flush GSHP or UFH? What burner? This is not a boiler, it's a heat exchange pump.

I see. I will opt out and open to other experts.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

So you have a ground source heat pump and have water pumped around the underfloor to provide your heating (its not electric)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Got engineer in. Turned out GSHP and UFH were both fine but water leaking through temporary roof onto circulation pump had caused it to fail to respond to call for heat. Sorted now thanks.

Great glad everything is now working.

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.