canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

Stripped plasterboard off old warped ceiling... the ceiling

Stripped plasterboard off old warped ceiling... the ceiling joist are warped... the joist span is just under 7m and room length is 15m before I call out a structural engineer just wanted to know what size ceiling joists I could use or how to do it... so I have some sort of idea?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 weeks
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All I know at moment
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

The process would be using the same size joists "sistered" to the existing joists. They would use a jack to first jack the floor up then add the supporting joists and bolt them together with the existing joists.

canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience: Handyman