How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Smith Your Own Question
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 3948
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Andrew Smith is online now

I want a pendant globe light above mh bath. I cant find

Customer Question

I want a pendant globe light above mh bath. I cant find anything in my price range and have looked further afield thinking of a IP54/55 simple pendant fitting that I can add a globe to. I just cant find it online. ..surely a waterproof ( ish) light fitting exists? Can anyone help? Thank you Therese
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Couple weeks on and off. Even my electrician is vague...
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Providing fitting for electrician
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just where to get a bog standard waterproof light fitting and what bulb I shoulx use really. Thanks
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need a reply tomorrow if possible
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 months ago.

Sorry - just seen this.

Are you looking for an IP rated globe to fit to the existing light fitting, or looking to replace the fitting with an IP rated fitting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its a new fitting and I want an ip rated pendant only that is suitable for over the bath that I can attach a no electric globe to. It must surely exist? Thanks
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 months ago.
Can you upload a photo of the position?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sorry. I only need to understand if a drop pendant fitting that is suitable to be fitted above a free standing bath to a ceiling ( kyst like a standard white ceiling pendant only waterproof ish?) that i can put my own glass globe and bulb in. If so where can I get it thanks
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 months ago.

An IP54 fitting will be sealed, so cannot take a standard bulb.

You would have to change the light fitting to a flush mounted one with an internal seal for it to be IP 54 like so;

I assume the free standing bath has been moved to now sit under the light?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is a flush fitting! its pendant i want . You haven't read my response properly. There are a million of flush fittings for a bathroom. Ive researched endlessly hence coming to just answer...a hanging pendant ?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 months ago.

That's because you cant get an IP 54 rated pendant unless it has a sealed bulb.

There is not a cheap option which is what I think you are looking for.

12v would be the simplest, but it would be a change of fitting or an inset downlighter