Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

We have a Triton Pietro shower and it has had to be turned

Customer Question

We have a Triton Pietro shower and it has had to be turned to the coldest setting and on the lesser of the two power settings otherwise the water runs hot and cold, however, now there is hardly any power to the flow and it will only run cold water, what could the problem be?
Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: We always switch the power off when it's not in use, it's been off since about 7am this morning...
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can, if not then we'll have to get someone in. I've always thought the person that installed it did something not quite right!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of, we thought it might be the fuse in the power switch but that seems to be OK.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

It sounds like the flow valve has failed this regulates water which goes via the heating element.