Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

I was running a bath and forgot I was running the bath, it

Hi, I was running a bath and forgot I was running the bath, it overflowed and leaked onto the fuse box which is in the outhouse under the bathroom. It tripped the fuse but it wasnt leaking onto the fuse box for long and we are still out of power because we aren't sure if it would be safe to try and turn it on again. This happened at about 8:15 pm tonight. Would it be safe to leave it to dry overnight and try it in the morning?
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: The box says current operated earth leakage circuit breaker. 2 pole type fie 63/0,03/2. The brand is "Squared"_
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as I dont want to get electrocuted
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it would be safe to try and turn the power on either later tonight or tomorrow morning without the need to call an electrician out

Was it the RCD that tripped rather than an MCB?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If the RCD is the safety switch then it was that. I have flicked the switch to see if the power will turn on and it has and hasn't tripped again.
Brilliant, that should ok then. If that still holds then everything is ok.
The RCD detects any voltage imbalance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Brilliant, thanks for the help!

Anything I can help you with?

If not then please rate my responses at the end.

Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience: City and Guilds Qualified plumber