JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Having just changed my supplier, my smart meter is not

having just changed my supplier, my smart meter is not showing current usage

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Do you mean the separate display which connects to the smart meter?

Secondly how old is the meter and who was your your previous energy provider?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
both gas and electric, the meter is about 18mths old. First utility now Shell
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

Ok it suggests the meter is a 1st generation meter which means the smart functionality was disabled when your changed utility providers.

If you contact Shell and give them the make and model of the 2 meter installed they should be able to arrange for you to be upgraded with a Gen2 meter, or come to you and program it to work with their services. The challenge is for Gen 1 meters to work when you migrate both firms have to agree to share details and this is often where things fall short, and where the Gen 2 meter allow for firms to remotely update the meter as soon as they take over.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou