JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

The wood block floor in our village hall is in need of

The wood block floor in our village hall is in need of renovation. The wood is in good condition but the coating (varnish?) has worn away. I imagine it needs sanding and varnishing, but should I hire a sander machine and what kind of varnish? What is the best way to get it looking good again please.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem with waiting thanks Nicola. Let me know when you have an answer. Regards, Joe

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** see you raised the question some time ago, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel the phone call please, I'm a volunteer, i didn't realise it was extra.

No problem I will discard the call, do you know what type of wood is used. a sanding machine would do the job, the varnish would depend on the type of wood.

Is the village hall used for a variety of purposes and likely to be abused \ experience high traffic or more used as a function room?

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, it's an old wood block floor. The wood blocks are in good condition but the varnish is chipped or worn away all over and bare wood is showing. I am told that it was sanded and varnished 3 years ago. It's a small village and the hall is used 3 - 4 days a week for Yoga, film-night, quiz, etc.