JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

There is a strong fish smell coming from the cupboard where

Customer Question

There is a strong fish smell coming from the cupboard where our water heater is kept. It's all electric no gas but we have no idea who to contact
Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: We have lived here 4 years but not sure how old it actually is. I want sure if it was an electrition or a plumber we needed
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So you have an immersion water cylinder which an electric element heating your water, and your getting a smell being emitted from within the cupboard, have you check around the cylinder encase something has fallen down the back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's really hard to explain so the cupboard is tiny so no access to the back of the heater. There are shelves next to it for towels ect and space underneath where we put all our junk and we have pulled it all out to check but if you leave the door open the smell goes away as soon as you close the door it come back.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

OK it sounds like you do need a plumber out if its a hot water cylinder it could be mould, damp or some insulation aorund the pipes causing the smell.

Whats your postcode and I can recommend a local firm.

Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Ive not heard from you in some time do you still require assistance or happy for me to mark the question as resolved?