JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I am struggling to find a paint colour to match the tile

Customer Question

I am struggling to find a paint colour to match the tile that I have put down throught my diningroom.....lounge and entrance hall
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: THe paint that I have chosen is the wrong colour
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have just done a refurb on the house and so its been about a month that the paint has been on the walls but we just dont like it and it is the complete wrong colour. The colour is the little green make called Clay 39
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So your trying to source the Clay 39 paint or wanting an alternative colour?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
wanting an alternative colour - colour is too dark and tends to go a olivey greeny shade
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Ok the best thing to do is go to B&Q and get them to make a bespoke colour, since looking on a computer screen would be too difficult to find the right shade.

See here for details

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have taken the tile into B & Q and they have put it under the scanner but there are too many shades in the tile so is not picking up the right colour
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Then the only option you have is to make up your own colour by mixing sample pots together to create the shade you want, test it on the wall so you can see what it looks like when dry, then take the finished mixed colour to B&Q and let them analyse that and make more of it