JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

How much do floor fitters typically charge in the uk per m2?

how much do floor fitters typically charge in the uk per m2?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What type of flooring are you looking at, laminate, vinyl, tile, wood?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
considering all options
are they priced differently?

Yes, it also depends if the floor is already prepped, clearly carpet is the cheapest to lay in my view

It also depends on if you want a professional fit as most handmen will come and do it on a half day rate.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what do you mean by the floor already prepped? and the difference between professional fit as appose to what?

Well you can get general purpose traders the 'handymen' who can fit it and it looks ok, but may find the old tile is not perfectly aligned or square, or joins in wood not perfectly aligned. Most people dont notice minor imperfections, but if you have an eye for detail you need a professional carpenter for wood flooring, tiler for tiled floor etc.

There is a knack for each specific material you use.

With regard to the floor being finished, if you had a tile floor and now want a wood floor and have pulled up the files yourself or want the vinyl on top of the tiles the floor will need levelled first of all. In the case of say carpet that will need underlay and carpet grippers fitted if you previously had laminate floor.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i see got it,in that case a professional fitter would typically charge how much per m2 for the removal and the fitting ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if you could help give me the breakdown for laminate, vinyl & carpet
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
tiles

There are some many variables its really a case by case job you need to get quotes for someone to come out and look.

For example removal of old carpet probably £1.50 a sq M and fitting new carpet £3 per sq M

tiles dont really go by footage they go by half day rates so around 150 per day of work (plus materials)

carpenters probably around 175 a day plus materials (beading etc)

But if you factor in £6 a sq meter you probably cover most things.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
great thanks for your help

No problem please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.