JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a Daikin air to water heat pump. The water in the

I have a Daikin air to water heat pump. The water in the taps is always really hot but the radiators are only warm. I'm afraid I find the Daikin operation manual very complicated. Please can anyone explain in simple terms how things should be set up?
JA: How old is your heat pump? Is it connected to a power switch (on the wall or in the air handler cabinet)?
Customer: It was installed in Feb 2014. The main power switches are on an outside wall above the unit.
JA: How long has this been going on with your heat pump? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its only been like this since I've needed the radiators on this autumn. In the past I've had it serviced every year by the company that installed it. They are no longer in business so I used someone different, he didn't speak well of Daikin, in as much as the settings are so complicated. I haven't tried anything yet to rectify the problem apart from increasing the required room temperature on the little control panel.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Whats the model number of the Heat Pump, really it sounds like the system is running correctly but not able to meet demand which could mean there is too much demand or the radiators need balanced. These changes are mechanical not software defined, when the appliance was services did the engineer ensure the radiators got hot?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Good morning James, thank you very much for replying. Its a Daikin Altherma and there appears to be two model numbers - ERSQ016AAV1 and EKHBRD016ACV1. I understood from the supplier at the time of purchase that it was more than adequate for my needs, at present I have 7 radiators, all downstairs, but I wanted a system that would be big enough to cope with additional radiators that I want to install upstairs in the future when I have the loft converted. The service engineer waited to see that the radiators were starting to get warm, but didn't wait any longer. The radiators were also bled at the time of the service, about six weeks ago. I didn't have a problem with the radiators last winter.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello James, thank you for your advice this morning. I did as you suggested and turned off all the radiators except one. If I have two radiators on they get nice and warm but if I put on a third one they will be much cooler. I'll get in touch with my service engineer on Monday. Kind regards, Ruth.