Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My washing machine is blowing my main fuse. It’s only about

Hi, my washing machine is blowing my main fuse. It’s only about 2 years old. Is it worth me getting an electrician in to investigate or just get a new washing machine?
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It’s a Bush WMNS714W, roughly 2 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No I don’t have any electrical expertise
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its blowing the main fuse, lights and all not the socket specific fuse.

Hi, thank you for contacting Justanswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany. Work with language translators. Please understand. I am always online from 18 - 23 o'clock. I'm afraid I can't use the phone. If you want to call an expert please tell me.

It can have several causes.
1. heating defective.
2. motor or control defective.
3. a cable is defective in the machine.

You can only find out if you have an electrical measuring device and measure everything.

Do you still have questions? Wait for your feedback.
Best regards, Erdal

Do you have any more questions? Wait for your feedback.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Erdal,

This is good feedback. Do you think there is a possibility it is the fuse, or definitely a washing machine issue. Unfortunately I don’t have electrical equipment and will likely need to get a technician in for the washing machine.

Test the socket where the washing machine is located with another appliance such as a vacuum cleaner or hair dryer. If the fuse does not work then the washing machine is defective.

For the washing machine you have to get a technician.
But think the heater or motor is causing it.

Do they still have questions?

Wait for your feedback.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great Idea. Thanks Erdal.
All the best,
Tim

I wish you every success.