JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Cant find fixing screws to mount opening hight adjuster to

Customer Question

cant find fixing screws to mount opening hight adjuster to ceiling
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: B and Q opening height reducer
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: previously fitted but came down so need fixings to re attach to ceiling
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Please advise the model number of the fixing your trying to adjust?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
4300x
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

What is the fixing, as I cant see anything listed on the B&Q website with that model number

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry 03585337
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That’s the model number
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Are you able to send me a link to it on the diy.com webiste?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
https://www.diy.com/departments/opening-height-reducer-l-95mm/65910_BQ.prd
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Any ideas
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

So the bracket is going on to the ceiling, I would suggest something like a anchor such as here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The holes and plugs are already in, it’s just the screws i need. They ones that normally come with packs are a normal screw with a square plastic collar that keep the bracket in place and means it can’t come away from ceiling
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

To confirm your using rawl plugs into the plaster ceiling, if so you may find these work lose, as they are not designed for vertical fixing.

Assuming the above is correct but just need screws to go into the rawl plugs you can get a box here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but the screw holds the bracket in place so the plastic bracket sits between the screw and the ceiling. That’s why a screw with a square placid collar is needed to stop the screw slipping through the gap in the bracket.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

As I say you should use an anchor not a screw going into a rawl plug, however if you already have a screw just fit a washer over it, such as here.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just had a look,it’s not real plugs, when I fitted the brackets I found the wooden beams in ceiling and screwed into them so more secure and didn’t use anchors. I’ll try with the washers and see if that works
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

If you have access to the loft, you could just fit a battens above where its going and screw int that directly.