Tim JA
Tim JA, Construction Worker
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Is it within you scope to repair the electronic PCB which

Customer Question

Is it within you scope to repair the electronic PCB which operates an ex garage door motor unit. I say ex garage door, because I now use it to raise and lower a loft hatch which leads to my model railway room
JA: How long have you had your?
Customer: I'm not sure of it's age but it ran the original garage door when I moved in 13 years ago. It worked fine for some time but now is behaving irrationally. I feel sure that it is more than likely one of the IC's that is past it's best.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not a lot, the electronics are a little beyond my scope. I need an expert to use there knowledge and experience to give it the once over.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is within my capabilities to take the PCB out of the housing to post of to you to be tested and hopefully repaired while on the test bench.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

We don't provide any products or parts, or carry out any repairs.

Your best bet would be to contact your local TV repair shop, and see if you can find an electronics expert or enthusiast who can help you.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.