Jason
Jason, Electrician
Experience:  Full time electrician in the USA for over 20 years. Verified USA JustAnswer Electrical Expert for approximately 7 years.
9920183

The mains power in my apartment cut out. When I attempted to

The mains power in my apartment cut out. When I attempted to switch it back on, something in the switchboard exploded with a loud bang and a flash of light. Is it safe to attempt this again or is there a serious problem?

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. I would not attempt to restore power a second time. Something in the apartment is shorted, and the short needs to be cleared by an electrician before power is restored, unfortunately.