Tim JA
Tim JA, Construction Worker
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I am unable to send my emails.

I am unable to send my emails.

What happens when you try to send emails?

Is this on a PC, or tablet, or phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid £16 for a telephone consultation.

Are you using a browser to go to the Gmail Webmail service, or are you using Outlook or another Email client on the PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a browser to go to the Gmail Webmail service.

So when you send a message, does it go into the Drafts folder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it does not appear in my Sent file.

So if you open it from the Drafts folder, which button are you using to attempt to send it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now know that my emails have reached their destination because I received replies but there is no proof on the computer that I have sent them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have paid £16 is it not possible to discuss the problem on the telephone, or may I have a refund
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as I write my email in the usual way and press SEND, it disappears but I have no confirmation that it has been sent!

I'm not involved in anything to do with charging - you would need to contact Customer Service at the following page:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

_____

When did the emails start working? Originally you said that you were unable to send.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what I now understand today having received replies to my emails, they were reaching their destination yesterday as soon as I sent them, my sole problem now is that there is no evidence that the emails I write and have written have actually been sent. Why do they not appear in my Sent Mail column as they used to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To avoid confusion, I would like to know why each email I write is not registered in my Sent Mail column.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Incidentally I use a lap-top.

OK I understand. Bear with me - I'm just exploring an idea.

Is your Sent folder empty?

If not, what is the date of the most recent message that was saved in there?

Please also check the Trash folder to see if the missing messages are in there.

Do you have any filters configured for your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Sent Mail folder is now empty as I thought it might help to solve the problem.. The most recent message was 4 days ago.

In case you didn't see my two other posts...

Also, do you have any filters configured for your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in fact a number of the emails written by me in the last two days are either in Trash or Spam alongside some of those emails replying to them. But why do my own emails not feature in "Sent Mail." Am afraid I don't understand your point about filters.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wrote an email an hour ago and that has disappeared, having sent it in the normal fashion. It would normally appear in Sent Mail immediately but, as I say, that folder is completely empty.

Yes. I understand that there's a problem with your Sent messages. That's what we've been discussing, and that's the problem we're trying to solve. Perhaps you think there's only one possible cause? There isn't. That's why I'm asking you questions. I asked about filters because a misconfigured filter can have the effect that you're experiencing. If I was there, I wouldn't have to ask. If you want to give me the credentials to your Gmail account that I might be able to fix it more quickly. It's up to you how we do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, I don't wish to be rude, I am in my eighties and I appreciate the dilemma you face whilst miles away from my computer! I am clueless when it comes to computers, as you may have gleaned!. What would you like to know as far as the credentials to my Gmail account are concerned. My email address is***@******.***

Hello Gordon

I do sympathise. If you would like to email me at***@******.*** then I can you you more about myself and, if you're comfortable, you can tell me the details to access your account so that I can, hopefully, fix it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim, thank you for your offer and thank you for the time and effort in trying to solve my problem. I am going to consult my daughter tomorrow who has a good knowledge of computer problems and if she fails perhaps I could get back to you. Thanks to you I now know where to find my missing emails so the situation is nothing like when I first got in touch with Justanswer yesterday.

Gordon that sounds like a good plan. It would be much better to have a family member helping you out, but at least you know I'm here if you need me.

Thank you for your rating, Gordon :-)