Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I was changing stereo on my 2005 Peugeot 307cc when all of a

Customer Question

Hi. I was changing stereo on my 2005 Peugeot 307cc when all of a sudden the wipers went on themselves also nothing works, electric windows, central locking, only locks with key in door lock, and engine turns over but won’t start.
JA: Who makes your engine? How old is it?
Customer: 2005 Peugeot
JA: How long has this been going on with your engine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yesterday, nothing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Have you checked the fuse(s) for the things that now don't work?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No haven’t tried anything, didn’t know where to start! Does fuses affect the key operating the doors & starting the engine?
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 15 days ago.

Usually, in a modern car, there's a fuse for every circuit.

Do you have the owner's handbook?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have it.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 15 days ago.

The list of fuses, and the purpose of each, is in the handbook. You should be able to see if one fuse covers the items that aren't currently working. If so then you'll need to replace that fuse.

Before you replace any fuses, see if you can see any chafed cable or connector, associated with removing the radio, that might have touched the car chassis/body and shorted out that circuit.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will do! Cheers! If it stays dry tomorrow, no garage. ��
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 15 days ago.

Ah, I sympathise. I think you'll have time between the showers :-)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
55357;�