Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have ordered a barrel for my front door lock but the rod

Hi, I have ordered a nut barrel for my front door lock but the rod in the middle needs cutting down, can you help
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: It’s an era 3621 barrel
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken the lock apart which is easy but the rod in the middle is too long, because apparently you have to cut it down depending on the thickness of your door
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I am just in need of someone to cut the rod to size
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi, I have completed the form, and am now waiting to hear from you

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

This is difficult because we don't have technicians who make visits. If you happen to live near me then I'd be happy to do it, but if you don't then you just need to find a handy neighbour with a junior hacksaw, or buy a hacksaw. Whereabouts in the UK are you?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Oh sorry I thought you came out, I am in footscray Sidcup Kent DA14 5HN

Apologies for the delay - I had a late lunch break.

Sidcup is too distant from me, sorry. Do you know someone nearby who has tools who would be able to help you? Another option is to take the component to a local car mechanic and ask nicely if they would cut it for you. You could offer them a £5 to do it, but they'd probably do it for nothing as it's so quick and easy for them.

Either way, you have to measure how much to cut off the rod. I can suggest a good way to do that, if you need one.

Thank you for your rating :-)