JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My clamp bracket assembly has opened up and it is difficult

Customer Question

My clamp bracket assembly has opened up and it is difficult to keep it closed because it appears to be on a spring.Have managed to use through lockdown by fixing rubber bands around the end that supports the shower head. The back part is still slightly apart.How do I get this contraption off to mend it. MIRA L!!
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: since before lockdown
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have just explained
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No this part split open into two joined parts at Christmas . Fortunately it does not have an excessive use as it is the visitors shower. Is a worry as my daughters boiler has broken down and whilst waiting for it to be mended is using my shower . Fortunately the rubber bands have held up. I want to mend it .
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

I believe from what you have stated above the shower head bracket has failed, this bracket is not something which can be repaired but would need to be replaced.

Without the model of the shower its hard to advise where to source a replacement but most shower head brackets would fit the shower head, you can by such a bracket from here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!