JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My large towel rail in ensuite not working My son has bled

Customer Question

My large towel rail in ensuite not working My son has bled it (which didn't need doing) and turned it up but to no avail
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: Heated towel rail
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't used it in the Summer but was working last winter. Have bled it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Do you have a thermostatic valve (TRV) fitted on one side of the radiator?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
just a heat adjuster at bottom of towel rail
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

If the adjuster has numbers on it its a TRV, otherwise its just a standard valve.

Where a TRV is fitted its likely the head may have failed and would suggest the head is removed and the pin which sits under it is shown as depressed (see video here), where no TRV is fitted its likely the valve has closed, if all other radiators are getting hot.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Everywhere else is underfloor heating so will look to see if there is a TRV-thanks