JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a question about the quality of tile flooring in my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about the quality of tile flooring in my new build property
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: Flooring
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since we moved in. We tried having the developer change them
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Uneven tiling
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Are floor uneven or just a given room ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We have the entire ground floor in our new build tiled. We had noticed a some areas where there were slight elevations and depressions in comparison to the surrounding tiles in our kitchen dining area.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

If there a 'slight' differences you probably find the tiling is within 'tolerance' if the builder tiled the house they will follow the standard set by the building warranty company (eg NHBC). However if you paid for the tiling to be done privately, then this would be a different matter since the quality and workmanship would be for you to agree as part contracting the work.

Start by contacting the builder if you contracted the work through them, and ask them to cover this under the remedial works due to poor workmanship, you will then need to mark each tile affected so they can be easily identified using sticky notes or dry marker on the tiles is normally easiest. The builder will send someone round who will look at the quality of works and advise if this will be addressed at their cost.

Where using a private contractor I would call them back and ask them what they plan to do, and see if they dispute the quality of their work.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!