Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We are laying a patio and we put grit sand down a week ago

Customer Question

We are laying a patio and we put grit sand down a week ago but it is very wet in one corner will this affect laying the patio
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Whether or not if affects laying the patio depends on the source of the damp and whether or not it's ongoing. Was it wet in that corner before you blinded with sand?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 days ago.

What's your gut feeling about the cause of the damp?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 6 days ago.

Whether or not if affects laying the patio depends on the source of the damp and whether or not it's ongoing.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
how do I rectify it
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 6 days ago.

You will have to track down the source of the damp, otherwise you won't know whether or not it will continue or get worse.

You haven't given any information about the land and structures in the area where you're laying the patio. Do you have any photos that you can attach here?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (TTM1267)
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 6 days ago.

I see the photo of the damp patch, but that doesn't tell me anything about the land and structures in the area where you're laying the patio.