Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke, Construction Worker
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I am trying to replace a standard light switch with a

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to replace a standard light switch with a smartwares remote switch. So I have two wires coming out of the wall but four in/outputs on the unit. See pic at https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5lqnkywtq639lh/IMG_2468.jpg?dl=0 I know I probably need to bridge two terminals somewhere. But which ones? Thank you.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Smartwares remote switch
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: smartwares
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as I don’t want to short out the box!
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s fine but you will ideally need to see the pic I sent you via the link. It shows the 4 terminals - live in, switch out, neutral out, neutral in. But I only have Theo existing switch wires. So which terminals need bridging? Thanks
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Here’s the pic
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Anybody there?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Sorry TWO, not THEO!
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 23 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Connect the two wires to L and switched live - the two on your left on the photo.

Let me know if it doesn't work. I will be away from my desk until about 6pm.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks Tim. Ok I tried this and nothing. It doesn’t seem to be powering the unit. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 23 days ago.

Apologies. I’m just awaiting an x-ray. Nothing major - I’ll post again ASAP.