James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Just read that water based paints dont work over oil based,

Customer Question

Just read that water based paints dont work over oil based, wondered why the paint comes off easily. Can I paint an oil based over the water one please
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: Paints
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just need to know if I can put oil based paint over water based please.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know there is oil based under the water one.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Are we talking interior or exterior painting?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Interior
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

Providing the surfaces is keyed painting over water based paint with oil based paint will not be an issue.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thankyou