James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Teuton t80z has suddenly stopped working the button when

Customer Question

My Teuton t80z has suddenly stopped working the button when pressed gives no water
JA: Who makes the appliance or part you're working with? How old is it?
Customer: Triton*
JA: How long has this been going on with your Triton? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 years just out of warranty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No except it just suddenly stopped
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Is there any sign of life on the appliance?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Have tried nothing
Customer: replied 22 days ago.

The light is on

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Can someone answer me on here
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

The fact the light comes on confirms we have power to the appliance but where water is not being let by even when on the cold setting most likely the solenoid for the inlet valve has failed.

A new solenoid can be sourced here for around £30.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Once I’ve purchased it how do I fit it???
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

You would call a plumber to fit it, as its a high energy appliance and if incorrectly installed you would risk electric shock, and works to such items would be notifiable under building control if not performed by a Part P qualified person.