James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Electrical. Can I cut through an appliance cable that is

Customer Question

Electrical. Can I cut through an appliance cable that is unplugged? Pic enclosed
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  James replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Are you planning to disconnect the wire on the other end, and how do you plan to verify the power to the cable has been isolated?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I've unplugged the device but can't get to all the cable hence wanting to cut it
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Have you looked at the picture
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I want to cut that wire with a pair of scissors and yes will turn the electricity off at the mains before I do it
Expert:  James replied 23 days ago.

Then its fine to cut the wire, but you may need to use some pliers as the wire may be to thick for scissors.

Make sure both ends of the wire (where its plugged in and the end you cut) are taped over to avoid them from coming into contact with anything if after cutting the wire you can not pull it through one end or other.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!