Tim JA
Tim JA, Construction Worker
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have just fitted a n new thermostatic cartridge to our

Customer Question

i have just fitted a n new thermostatic cartridge to our shower due to no control, hot water only, so i thought a new unit would answer,NO just the same! what next?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: about a week
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I first thought it might have been pump problem so fitted a new pump.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats about it
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please let me know the make and exact model number of the shower, and the pump.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's Stuart turner showermate eco pump. the shower i don't no the name, except the tap assemble is square type the new cartridge number is *****
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok can some idea be given
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Please can you attach a photo of the shower valve so that I can identify it?

If it's wall-mounted then I recommend that you unmount the entire valve and flush out the pipework, and take the opportunity to check and clean the inlet filters.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Please note that I will be having a break for about an hour, so I will check in here when I get back.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry to have bothered you, just take the £5.00 and close my card. thankyou.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Has that solved the problem?