Tim JA
Tim JA, Construction Worker
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My water cylinder is set at 49 degrees but we are unable to

My water cylinder is set at 49 degrees but we are unable to adjust the shower control so the shower is too hot to take a shower. What can we do. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: For about six weeks.
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only turning off the hot water in the morning and hoping it cools down enough by the evening shower.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The shower adjustment wheel seems to be not working.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

You shouldn't set the cylinder temperature so low - it needs to be high enough to prevent Legionalla bacteria from multiplying.

Your shower has a fault. If you tell me the make and model, I can give you guidance on that.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.