James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Fire alarm question please

fire alarm question please

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm a Property Developer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Please let me know how I can help with your fire alarm question.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

In most cases fire alarms which are false alarming is due to a internal battery needing to be replaced or a build up of dust, so start by checking the battery and give the alarm a vacuum to remove any dust.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi there sorry we have really good alarms the batters are all good and clean but we was boiling chicken and had a lot of smoke but it didn’t go off we haven’t got one in the kitchen in the hall way

Right where on pressing the silence button it kept on alarming then this suggests the alarm is developed a fault and needs replaced as it should silence for around 10 minute and if still detecting smoke then alarm again.

James, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.