KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on Appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Spear & 34cm Cordless Mower only bought a few weeks ago. The

Spear & Jackson 34cm Cordless Mower only bought a few weeks ago. The battery keeps cutting out despite recharging
JA: Who makes your lawn mower?
Customer: Spear & Jackson
JA: How long has this been going on with your lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The first cutting time was good since then it cuts out quicker and quicker, now only runs for a minute before stopping
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have cleaned the battery compartment for dust etc

Good afternoon and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Spear & Jackson Cordless Mower.

This indicates either the charger is faulty and/or battery will need replacement.

You may try this:

Please leave it unplugged for few minutes.

Then press and hold the ON button; whilst holding the ON/POWER button put the charger back on and let go the button after around 20 seconds.

See if it works, if the issue is still there, I am afraid the battery pack and/or charger will need replacement.

Usually the battery lasts for around 3-4 years.

Alternatively, you may call Spear & Jackson at +44(###) ###-####to book in warranty repair/replacement.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The battery motor stops within minutes. Seems not to hold a charge. It’s very new

I understand, please read my previous message and follow the advise.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.