Tim JA
Tim JA, Construction Worker
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

The circuit breaker to my outbuildings wont reset after

quot;The circuit breaker to my outbuildings wont reset after cable cut through (all cleared) The power from house CB goes to CB in outhouse which has reset but the main individual CB to OH won't reset. Any idea why and what I need to do ?"JA: Have you talked to an electrician about your circuit breaker?
Customer: Not yet
JA: How long has this been going on with your circuit breaker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: After the cable (extension) was cut by mistake (??!!) I unplugged everything - reset OH circuit breaker and then trie to reset the one in the main box in the house that went to the OH. I have switched the main CB in the OH off but the Main CB in the hopuse will still not reset.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All other CB's in the house are fine - it is just the one to the OH which won't reset.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your electrical problem.

It's possible that that the breaker in the house is faulty, but the next step would be to carry out an IR (insulation resistance) test of the cable from that breaker,  Any electrician can do this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you - my instinct was that when the gardener put a strimmer through the extentson cable

Do you have a suitable contractor who you can call on to do the IR test?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've just sorted one out - Thank you

.