canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

I have a bath seat lift 'bellavita' and the motor won't make

Hi, I have a bath seat lift 'bellavita' and the motor won't make the seat go down. I've tried all the trouble shooting and still not working. The handset is ok. Do you supply new motors? I've removed the motor and the code from the barcode is 210510A It's a 12 Volt motor. Regards. Rich
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: bellavita bath lift
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: see my first text
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Bellavita bath seat. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

The issue may very well be with your circuit board. There are components on the circuit board that is called “capacitors.” They store power to start up different parts. A power surge will cause capacitor failure.

A capacitor failure is pretty easy to diagnose by visually inspecting the board. A capacitor that is not entirely flat on top is a failed capacitor. A failed capacitor does not transfer power, so the appliance does not come on.

Most repair technicians will not just replace the capacitor on the board and will instead replace the whole board.

Suppose you frequently have power outages or power surges. In that case, I recommend installing surge protection devices or surge protection outlets to protect any electronics in your home.

Please let me know if my solution worked for you, and we can continue to work together if you need further suggestions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The question I have is can DeVilbiss or you supply me a replacement motor. I have removed it and it would be very simple for me to install

We are an online, third-party, question-and-answer service. While we have experts who can answer your question, you will need to contact them directly if you are trying to reach the manufacturer.

If you meant to contact JustAnswer, please let me know how I can further assist you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can you answer my last question then please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm not paying £16 so either a written reply or cancel the whole thing please

No. Our service is advice only. We do not provide any parts.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok goodbye

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.