James
James, Other
Experience:  James has experience installing and maintaining corporate and top end security systems both wired and wireless
75967336

Uncle died and we didn't know he had hidden Optima mx6 till

Uncle died and we didn't know he had hidden Optima mx6 till I turned the power off then on after sorting some sockets. Alarms rang and we couldn't turn it off for ages. Tried 0123 as shown on manual. Tried taking battery off then entering code but no luck. Selling home but I live 100 miles away so would help keep it secure. Hope you can help
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm fine to wait. Thank you
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So to clarify your dont know the original alarm code, you turned the power off and removed the large lead acid battery and after restoring power looking to use the default code to start using it again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I turned it off so I didn't catch the electric sockets not knowing it worked. Late uncle said it didn't and he didn't know the code. When I put mains back on it started. Tried looking at Utube and said to remove battery and power. Still rang. Managed to stop it but not sure how

Ok most alarms have four sources of power.

Mains power, a lead acid battery inside the control box, and small button cell\capacitor on the control board itself which keeps its memory and finally a capacitor\small battery in the bell box.

To silence the alarm removing the bell box battery, lead acid battery and mains power should silence everything.

The reason its not been recent to default is that you have likely missed the on board battery within the control panel, once removed the unit goes back to factory settings.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem when do you think you will be in a position to check if that has resolved you query?

James, Other
Experience: James has experience installing and maintaining corporate and top end security systems both wired and wireless