Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Builder accidentally disturbed room sensor. Now tamper alarm

Customer Question

Builder accidentally disturbed room sensor. Now tamper alarm going off. Can't stop it
Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?
Customer: Visonic
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?
Customer: Arming and disarming it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost to get advice?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

What is the model number of your Visonic alarm?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry don't know it doesn't say on panel, and instructions are packed away as kitchenbeing refitted
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

If the alarm is still ringing then you can disconnect the power supply and also the battery backup from it until the tamper problem is resolved.

It may be that a cable has been cut, or the sensor has been damaged - until I know what type of system it is I won't be able to advise further.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you today! Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

I will still be here if you need to reply back to me after rating.

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Have a great day!

Pete.

--------------------