James
James, Other
Experience:  James has experience installing and maintaining corporate and top end security systems both wired and wireless
75967336

I have a CCTV system and which records two cameras. The

Hi I have a CCTV system and which records two cameras .
The system is a few years old , and works very well .
I am also able to view from my mobile phone using the MYEye Pro app.
Unfortunately, it has a tendency to loose this facility, if the mains is shut down.
However the system works okay, just cannot view from my mobile .
The engineer usually goes to a webb browser and enters a code and thereafter goes through a few options.
Then I am back up and running .
I think I also have the code required ..
Just need to be told what to do ..
I also have the password *****
Hope you can assist ..Ps I think from memory I was told was my internet provider and sytem require to reestablish a connection .

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Right what is the model number of your DVR which the cameras are connected to, this should be shown on the front of the appliance or on the rating label to the rear.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****,
I will check and revert back
However it will be later on today.. as I am at work just now.
Hope that is okay..
R.

No problem will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear ***** , Apologies for the delay .. Here is the information which you requested ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear ***** many thanks for the service ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This from my phone ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hope I have given you all what you require ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have this code ..
90.217.39.43
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sure you will be able to fathom it out ..

Hi Rizy,

You have an Inspire 8 CCTV system, the 'code' looks to be the IP address the APP uses to connect to your CCTV.

When you have a power cut your router (internet) resets and you issues a new IP address, my guess is you just need to update the IP address used on your mobile App.

The easiest way to prove this is by going to the website here, it will tell you your IP, and then you just update the IP used in the App to the one shown on the website.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear ***** ,
Really appreciate the advice and guidance .
I also think you are on the money .
I did try this what you suggested.
Unfortunately, I did not know, what to insert on my phone; when it asks for the "port "
Pleased advise ..
Many thanks ,Rizy

Hi Rizy,

The default I believe is 7050, but this should be the as what it was previously, its only the IP address which changes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks James ,
does the ip address keep changing ..
and does it make any difference if I am at a different machine ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did what you suggested but making a goof somewhere along the line .. The address of the cameras is
*****, Glasgow G444EF I seem to be creating another system ..
Really sorry , James ..

You will need to contact your installer for the details, the IP address would normally change each time you have a power cut unless you have done something to arrange for a static IP.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could it be because I am at a different machine .. ie at home ..
Providing you on the same internet connection (in the same house as the cctv) it should be the correct IP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have not done anything for a static address .
one time before a computer guy did it for me .. and i was up and running very quickly ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to go to my office and do it .. I am sitting 2 miles away .. and trying to do it from my office in the house ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are a gem ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will go to my office and my phone will pick up the wifi on the same router, and thereafter implement the actions which you suggest .. That should do the trick .. Sorry for being a idiot ..

Not a problem please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry , tried . could not get it .. Can you advise what I am doing wrong .. Have attached a screen shot of my phone ..

I am not sure which of the connections I am looking at, to confirm you went to the office checked your IP address entered it in, and still cant connect to your DVR?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everytime I do a new one is created..
The original is*****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only wish one ..
I think I am generating a new one ..when all I wish is to update the original one ..

Right you should be able to click on the original then go into settings (from memory bottom left icon) then you can edit and update the settings.

However if the new ones are not working it suggests the IP address or Port your using is incorrect, so before changing anything on the original (first one) write down what it was originally set to for Port and IP, and only change the IP address.

Please confirm if you need anything further, or if your happy for me to mark the question as resolved and close the question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Jamers ,Many thanks for the intricate information .
I will try and pop over again today and see if I can get it this time.
Will revert back and let you know how I get on.
Greatly appreciate the excellent service ,R.

Ok will await to hear back

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your patience ...

I havent heard back in some time so just wanted to follow up to see if I can be of any further assistance or if you happy for me to mark the question as resolved?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear ***** tried for quite some time to sort the CCTV as mentioned . Unfortunately was unsuccessful . .The message on my phone reads server unavailable..
I have several machines at the locations and even tried at different machines closer to the CCTV ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
happy to rate you ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if you can give me any pointers it will greatly appreciated