Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert
59725966

I have an alarm system in the gym I own its been here since

Customer Question

HI there I have an alarm system in the gym I own its been here since I took over the building 5 years ago and has never been used. Today it started beeping continuously I've read about it and it would appear the battery might be running out. How can I shut off the sound?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: Adamco The box says ademco microtech
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started last night and I tried switching it off at the fuse which set the alarm outside the building off When I turned the switch back on the beeping stopped but it has started again this morning
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There seems to be like 3 boxes hooked up to the system overall but I am not sure if they are all for the alar.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

That does indicate a battery issue. If you are not using the system, you'll need to remove the backup battery and the mains power supply.

There should be a metal box mounted on a wall, usually in a closet or utility room, inside you'll find a small 12v battery to disconnect. Nearby there should be a wall power adapter which also needs to be disconnected. With both off, it should stop the beeping. The ademco box is the one for the alarm, others are likely for phone and internet.