How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask p0llinate Your Own Question
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Category: Home Cinema System
Satisfied Customers: 29052
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
Type Your Home Cinema System Question Here...
p0llinate is online now

I have a Technics DVD FI Stereo System, Model No SC-DV170.

This answer was rated:

I have a Technics DVD HI FI Stereo System, Model No SC-DV170. They are supposed to be stacked on top of each other and connected with a 20 wire ribbon cable, now this HI FI System is working ok, but the problem I have is, I am trying to get 3 extension 20 wire ribbon cables about 18ins long with male and female connectors so that I can set them side by side in the tv stand. The connectors are Black but there is one of them Blue. The blue one still goes into the black female one, I tried it with no power on to see was the connectors the same. So it appears the connectors are the same, just a differant colour for identity when the power is on. The blue connector has a number on it 06BC and the black connector has the same number. Where would it be possible to get these extenson cables with the male and female connectors. Thank you. Bruce
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Unfortunately due to the age (2005 model), there is no longer support for this unit in any form. Technics discontinued all parts for this unit many years ago, and even when it was in production, there was never an extension cable sold for it. The unit was meant to be stacked in a 2x2 or 4 high configuration only, which the provided cables were designed for. They used some proprietary connectors for these, so there is no generic or universal replacement.
What you can do however, if you are electronically/mechanically inclined, is to make your own. You can either cut the existing cable and splice in an additional length, or remove the existing connectors from the end and (being mindful of the proper pinouts) affix those to a new cable. Bulk ribbon cable is quite inexpensive, and other than your time and possibly needing some tools, would be far less costly than you'd spend for an extension cable if one existed.
Best regards,
p0llinate and 2 other Home Cinema System Specialists are ready to help you