Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.

How can i connect a dbx snr-1 noise reduction unit to

hello, how can i connect a dbx snr-1 noise reduction unit to a yamaha cx-a5100 surround preamplifier so that I get noise reduction in all surround channels?
kind regards, ***** *****
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay, that's not enough equipment for the job. The DBX can only handle 2 channels, so it will only work with 2 speakers. You can get more of them, and connect them to each output of your Yamaha, but the way it is now, you'll only be able to reduce the noise on two speakers. Even then, that preamp is unbalanced, and may introduce a hum when using it with your balanced Yamaha outputs.