LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years in Home Theater and Systems Integrator, Senior

I have a Sony surround sound system that has sub envy

Customer Question

I have a Sony surround sound system that has sub envy started giving the message " demo mode" and "demo lock" when we try any of the functions. Once we get the message no functions work.If we turn off for one min it resets but comes back on within 2/3 function pushes. How do we cancel this ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of the sound system, and is this a new purchase or something which has just started appearing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a system about 5 years old and it's been running all that time with no problem.It's a Sony HBD-E985W
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Is the unit purchased from within Qatar, as I am struggling to locate this model number.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi yes in Qatar , sorry for the delay
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok I have located the model, I need to speak with my colleague who has the engineer manual for UAE products.

Will get back to you ASAP, but likely to be early next week.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.