Nathan
Nathan, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Panasonic SA-HT880 DVD home theatre sound system,

I have a Panasonic SA-HT880 DVD home theatre sound system, when I install a CD or DVD it says "no disc" installed, can you help.Alan
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
prepared to wait another 48hrs otherwise please cancel this question, please note that I'm a qualified electrician by trade able to carry out a d.i.y. repair once problem is diagnosed.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or transport, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Nathan

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Custom Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands